by Maureen McCaffery, Community Manager, TenMarks:
With so many digital curriculum tools available, it can be difficult to understand the advantages and disadvantages of each program. Here are three reasons why TenMarks Math stands out.
1. TenMarks Math provides best-in-class content built for the depth and rigor of the Common Core and individual state standards.
TenMarks Math provides comprehensive, web-based math curriculum resources built from the ground up to align with Common Core and state standards. In fact, TenMarks Math has been independently reviewed by Learning List and deemed 100% aligned to the CCSS for Grades 1-Algebra 1 and over 95% aligned for Geometry and Algebra 2. This includes items for assignments, assessments, and instruction that teachers can use in their daily lessons to teach the standards and ensure student mastery.
2. TenMarks Math empowers teachers to meet every student’s needs.
TenMarks Math is not an autopilot program that replaces the teacher. Rather, TenMarks Math puts teachers at the center, providing them with actionable insights and powerful one-click recommendations to differentiate and meet the needs of every student. Teachers are supported in efforts to reach each student with hints, videos, closed captioning, and real-time tutorials. For ELL Spanish-speaking students, teachers can select a Spanish language experience for the Common Core and Texas curricula.
3. TenMarks Math is committed to developing equitable content so that all students can succeed.
TenMarks Math strives to support all students by incorporating the principles of UDL. UDL is a research-based framework for making teaching and learning accessible to all. Its core tenets include providing students with multiple ways to access content, letting students demonstrate their knowledge and skills through multiple forms of expression, and reducing instructional barriers. 1
- Students can access TenMarks Math content and demonstrate their knowledge in multiple formats. For example, TenMarks lessons present information using a variety of media, including graphics and animations. When working on TenMarks Math assignments, students can access both text-based hints and video-based explanations.
- TenMarks Math reduces barriers to achievement by providing students with multiple accommodations and supports. For example, students work at their own pace through personal work and assignments, assessments feature text-to-speech capabilities, and video content is closed-captioned.
- The TenMarks Math program and most of its content are available in both English and North American Spanish, increasing access for the over 4 million U.S. students who are English Language Learners and claim Spanish as their home language. 2
Learn more about TenMarks Math by visiting TenMarks.com.
1 Meyer, A.R. & Gordon, D. (2014). Universal design for learning: Theory and Practice. Wakefield, MA: CAST Professional Publishing. See http://www.udlcenter.org/research/researchevidence for an extensive listing of research-based evidence relating to UDL.
2 As of the 2013-14 school year, nearly 5 million students in public elementary and secondary schools in the United States -- over 10% of total enrollment -- are classified as English Language Learners. Of those, nearly 77% claim Spanish as their home language Source: 2015 Digest of Education Statistics, Table 204.27. U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved from https://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d15/tables/dt15_204.27.asp.
Maureen McCaffery is a member of the TenMarks marketing team. Maureen taught early elementary students in the greater San Francisco Bay Area for three years. Before her time in the classroom, she worked for a number of years in marketing, business development, and finance at education-focused organizations. Maureen is passionate about supporting teachers to ensure that all students have access to the right resources and tools to reach their full potential.